Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Tagnorati.

::Disclaimer: In reference to Tysen's comments. But he did the tag anyhow. so 3 cheers for Tysen!::

Normally I shun all sorts of chain stuff, especially chain letters.
Technically, the idea of a chain letter is stupid, because not everyone shares the same views (i.e.: not everyone is as stupid).
Actually the main ones to blame for are the people who forward the things. It's cool with me if you forward funny stuff, or stuff that you think is cool, e.g.: hot Japanese American magicians. (*drool*), but there are certain things that you should not forward to me, such as:-

1.) Best friend/lover/cow/horse/whatever:-
Dumbass emails with pastels and flowers and cutesy teddy bears proclaiming that I am the best friend ever. If I'm your best friend ever(Which clearly I am not), you would know me well enough that a one liner "You are my best friend evah" would work better than a billion emails of cutesy teddy bears and rainbows.

2.) Chain Letters:-
They are annoying and a waste of my time because:-
a) I already feel annoyed by them, I do not wanna annoy 10-15 of my friends with stuff that already annoys me. Or even 3-5 of my friends.
b) My friends will hate me.
c) I do not really care if I get struck by lightning on my way home, or if a 3 year old with red eyes appears at my bed and kills me. ( ok fine, maybe the 3 year old. lightning tho, is kinda 'meh'.) Or that I never find love ever.

3.) Your Birthday Alarm, Book, whatever weird things you're joining:-
Seriously. I may/may not wanna join whatever you're joining and may not wanna "make love happen" or "find your friends!" And it really annoys me that to satisfy your "birthday book" requirement, I have to join birthday book too. (I've had freaking 12 emails from birthday book since the damn thing started.)
Actually, honestly speaking, I'm not really angry at my friends for sending me this stuff, it's sweet that they wanna remember my birthday when I don't even remember theirs.
It's really more of Birthday Book's fault cos I just really don't wanna join Birthday Book, even tho I should, dammit. :(

4.) Free Offer to win the latest Ipod/WashingMachine/USD10MillionBuckaroos/Donkeyshit:-
Once bitten, twice shy. I'm Asian. I like offers, discounts and the word 'FREE'.
But you know, after trying out the 'win the latest Ipod without buying anything' scam, where you fill out a million questionaires in the hopes that The Very Latest Advance In Music Technology Ipod will arrive in your mailbox, (How naive of me.) I'm still suffering from the utter shame of being burned from that experience.
I'll not elaborate more, but let's suffice to say that I'm still receiving Spam. From MYSELF. *face palm*

5.) Scary shit.
I remember back in 2000, because of that Jap horror movie 'The Ring', there were idiots sending out attachments that would have scary faces suddenly flash across the screen, should you care to click and download the attachment. Innocuously named 'tom and jerry' or 'funny', they were most certainly not either. Anyhow. Please don't send that over anymore. Not if you don't want me to call you up in the middle of the night and re-enact the scene from scream. :)

Therefore, people, after reading said warning above, please don't send me shit. *grin*

3 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God say What?

Heh heh.

I'm in 100% agreement

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger TYSEN say What?

Back in high school (when most people are technologically ignorant) people would forward crap all the time. And they could never do it right. If you are going to be a dorkus and forward some junk have the decency to cut out all the headers. I hardly care about the content itself, seeing the people who read it before me is totally useless (unless I plan on starting a SPAM business). I finally got everybody to stop sending me stuff except for one or two religious people who kept send me uplifting spiritual stories or things I should pray for… those are the worst things to subject others to… I’ll take a blond joke any day over that stuff.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger pj say What?

ultra: hell yeah. ;)

tysen: ahh yeah i forgot about the headers where you have to scroll down for like forever just to read the few lines at the bottom, which indicates it's prolly a chain letter. eejits.
and yes! the uplifting spiritual letters!
*picture of bunny* May God Bless You *picture of happy bunny*.
that is SO lame.
I'll take the japamerican magician anyday. :) have you got the video of him pulling the burger out of the poster? it's really something! let me know if you want me to forward it to you.
now That's a cool forward. ;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home