Sunday, January 15, 2006

Memoirs..

I've just watched Memoirs of a Geisha today.

You know what? It was fabulous. Suddenly I felt like being a geisha would be so great, especially if you were completely sought after.. And Sayuri managed to have the surprising gift of always saying the right things at the right time. Like, clever witty double entedres.

Also, they just manage to be stunningly beautiful all the time, even if they're caught in the rain, they're dirty or whatever, they just managed to look gorgeous. Especially Hatsumomo. I know she's meant to be queen bitch or whatever, but Hatsumomo is suuuch a babe! I mean, my aunt suspects she's had some work done on her jaw or whatever, but really. Gong Li is farking beautiful.

I suppose, if I really wanted to nitpick, I could say Michelle Yeoh is kinda old, sorta more "auntie"-ish than hot-babe-geisha-ish, but really. I don't wanna nitpick over such a triviality when the movie as a whole was so great.

The camera work was beautiful. Every shot seemed to fit perfectly, and it was such a great adaptation of the book. Because you know how sometimes book adaptations turn out wonky or maybe they cut too much stuff out? This adaptation is gooooood. And you don't really need too much brains to truly appreciate it. :)

Arrghh if I say anymore, I'll give the story away.

We give it 4 an' a half pjs on the all star pj rating, the only rating system for all your movie needs.

So go on people, go catch it. And tell me what you think. ;)

11 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous say What?

ive got the dvd!!! hehehehe

 
At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous say What?

I thought, beautiful, especially the story, but then the plot makes it a bestseller :)

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger candy say What?

it was ok ok only leh. and her dance on the stage was.... WHAT THE HELL!! hahah WHO dances tt way! hehehee i wun call it dance. but anyway, think i'll call u tmr lah. got news to tell u

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger pj say What?

jac: yes i loved it.. it's the whole forbidden life love thing. lovely. :)

candy: yes yes! her stuuupid dance! but you know, the worst part by far is her shoes.. if you can even consider them shoes - I mean.. they're like massive!! haha! like freaking blocks of wood! and btw? u where got call me??

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous say What?

hahaha yes! her shoes!!!! if i wear them, pple'll think im on stilts! sorry, forgot to call u. im working now. at dad's shop. cny rush!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger pj say What?

candy: wow cool! you're working! hahaha! so u get paid right?
and btw excuse me, but i think i need those shoes more than u. the stilts maybe then i only reach normal status! ;)

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous say What?

if u mean "paid" as in "slog like hell, very tiring and only getting peanuts".. yes, den im paid. hehehehe.. honestly, coz my dad's shop is not super big and huge, the pay is quite sad. but ANYWAY, come and bai nian!!!! i'll go say hi to ur parents and "lion"!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God say What?

I've been thinking about watching this.

Better read the book first...

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God say What?

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God say What?

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger pj say What?

ultra: hell yes! the book is much better! do read it, it's excellent! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home