Saturday, December 10, 2005

Major brainwave.

::Disclaimer: I'm just weird. :) ::

Ok here goes. My attempt at blogging. I have no idea yet what I'ma going to blog about, but we'll figure it out eventually. *beams*

First off, like to say a completely heartfelt THANK YOU to my loyal friends + fellow blogders and readers (y'all know who you are)!

ok, now we've got the mushy things out of the way, I can start by saying that I hate feeling so bloody dismal and boring, and I'ma going to do something about it. I just don't know what yet, which is why I'm starting by blogging.

One of the very first reasons why I actually started to blog was because of my vanity - I kinda wanted to have some imprint of myself and my going-ons and thoughts and whatsit.
It progressed on to become a rant bin - very far from my original plans ( did you know I actually thought that I'd blog for like oh, maybe 5 years and when I'm a bit older, I'll publish my blog into a book. yeah - um. I did say I was vain. hehe. *sheepish grin*) .
Anyhow, blogging is acutally amazingly cathartic. And.... I have no idea what else to say about this.

Moving on.

I've decided to concentrate on the good things in life. So, I have compiled a short list of things in life worth living for.

If y'all agree / disagree - heads up and shout outs saying 'yay' or 'nay'.

1.) Steaming hot showers in the middle of winter after rowing practice -

This was back in the days when I was still in OZ and the sport I chose to take up was rowing. This reaaaaally looked damn good on paper (i.e.: the poster), and it stirred up images of tall, slim athletes in a furious sprint of man vs. water: the need for speed. And short, chubby me decided to make a go at it. And when rowing season started, nowhere in the fine print did it mention in any terms that rowing practices start at 4 bloody AM and all of you who knows me, also will know that I will only wake up at 4 am if there is a) a fire, or b) a plane to catch. And even then I'll prolly be like, screw the fire and the plane anyways and continue sleeping. :) And I have completely went over the point - the point is that winter time in the wilderness (river) = temperatures of like 1 to 3 degrees celcius and you're standing in the middle of fucking cold water wearing a skimpy bathing suit and nothing else for the next 3 and a 1/2 hours. So obviously you will be so cold when you are next in contact with humanity and steaming hot showers are the only salvation to reverse the cryogenics. But now you see the importance of hot water. :D

2.) Ice cream.

Kindly refer to my ice cream post. You will realise my passion for the forbidden (because I am fucking fat already and do not need the extra help to my waistline) uhh... stuff. Anyhow, it's the whole act of eating ice cream. Getting messy, sticky, and doing it all with a huge grin on your face. Comfort in every mouthful. *droool* Oh I don't need to elaborate - i'm sure y'all know what I mean, right? :D

3.) The luxury of sleeping in on a rainy morning.

Grey skies + drip-drip-drip of the rain + cold aircon gently blowing while I snuggle in my warm and cosy bed, with my doona draped around me tucked in around the corners and a protective edge covering my face to block out the cold force of the airconditioning. + my obssessive need for more than 3 pillows and bolsters to really surround my in a nest of soft warm cushioning.

LALALA. I LOVE SLEEPING IN ON RAINY DAYS!

4.) Good Food + Good Book + 4 hours to waste on lunch on a lazy weekend.

No words needed. I consider bliss to be able to eat my favourite food and a new book and to take as long as I want.

5.) Good friends. *cue sad violin music and collective sighs of 'awwww...'*

but really. sitting in front of the telly with friends, bitching and laughing.

I'm blessed. :)

8 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Jazzal say What?

Ok. I dont know about ur life style or watever yet. Basic: Good Breakfast, Mid Lunch, Light Dinner. Even the monkeys know that. Keep off the Carb if u are not Working Out on that day. Hungry? Tuck At the Fruits. But Nothing goes in After 8pm.Not even Water alright? Sleep early!!! late night cus water retention and ur organs not able to rest. Be perticular on wat u eat! Be choosey. Its UR Diet! not anyone's else. Dont give a damn about wat others say about wat u eat. altimatly its ur own body. Want More ? i got More.this is just intro duction. :P

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God say What?

Indeed. Don't try and eat a good book and read your food though.

1) It hurts
2) Food doesn't have a very good plot.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger F¡яєвџяN say What?

interesting blog

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous say What?

Gee I would never imagine you taking up rowing : )

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger pj say What?

Hi Jac - I still can't imagine it too.

Like.. 4 bloody am!

HAHAHAHA I must've been mad.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger pj say What?

Btw to Fireburn:

Thank you!

:)

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Cherub say What?

told ya that sleeping in on a morning (rainy or not) is GOOD!!

:D

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger pj say What?

Haha... yes cherub you're right!

but I don't have tt luxury anymore.. (unless weekends lah):(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home