Saturday, April 08, 2006

Melbourne F1 GP post.

Alright, as promised.. going to post about my melbourne trip.. and as usual..
::Disclaimer: LOTS of ranting about KIMI! Now, I love the boy to bits, so you're warned. I'm like, a complete groupie where he's concerned. ;) ::

So. Melbourne.

What can I say?
I'll let the pictures do the talking, like your fingers do the walking.
Yes. I am cliched like that. waddevah.

First. I left Singapore at 11:50pm (nearly missed my flight because I am one of those people that walk in @ the last minute of the last boarding call -yes I am bastardly like that) on Wednesday. Nearly DIED on the plane because I was so bored + I cannot sleep on planes.

Landed in Melbourne on Thursday morning like at 10am. Now, of course, knowing my luck, I manage to get the meanest a-hole in the entire customs, who very nicely put me down under 'W', which translates as 'get-in-line-you-sneaky-asian-who-must-be-smuggling-shitloads-of-illegal-drugs'. I'd take a picture of him if I could, but at the time I was too pissed off to care, really.

And I have to say, the melbourne airport personnel are SO strict:
They scanned my suitcase > unpacked my suitcase > swabbed EVERYTHING in my suitcase for narcotics > swabbed the INSIDE of my suitcase for narcotics > scanned the EMPTY suitcase > repacked everything > scanned my handbag.
Fuckers.

I must look like a common criminal. Shite.

So I didn't manage to get out of the airport till like... 11ish. Knowing that my friend Linda wld be landing at like 12ish, I thought I might as well grab some coffee and wait for her in the lounge. So, waited till like 12ish in which we manage to get the dumbest taxi driver in the world. He could have GPS installed in his brain and still NOT know where he's going, I swear.

Anyhow, arrived at the hotel, which by modern day's standards would be nicely termed 'a dump', we find out that you can't actually check in yet, which kinda sucks. Still, we take the chance to do some shopping, so we dump our luggage in the lobby and go shopping till check in time at 2pm.
I won't bore you guys with shopping details, but just take it from me that it is EXCELLENT. They don't call it fashion capital for nothing, hey.

When my other friend Chris arrives, we manage to check in. I won't go into detail here, but man.
You pay peanuts, you really get monkeys. (Sorry Linda, but I know you feel the same too. ;P)

But let's move on to the REAL reason why I was there: THE F1 GRAND PRIX.
oh man, the arena is like, massive. It's like 1/4 of Singapore. I mean, cos Singapore is like, teeny, y'know. And its so lovely to be there with so many other f1 fans, with the atmosphere teeming with other lovely people.
OK FINE. They were fucking rude. And really, there was so many people you can barely see what's going on in the tracks.

I'm not going to bore everyone with what we did for the first few days, so we'll just move on to Race day. (ok I forgot and I don't have any pictures. My bad.)

RACE DAY:

Now you have loads of stuff that's going on, but because I was dumb enough to only bring 2 disgustingly small memory sticks with so little memory in them, we'll just skip to the good bits. (* This also means an amazingly biased account along with amazingly biased pictures. )
Obviously, you can tell I am just scrabbling with what I have to work with, which ain't much.

Ah fekkit. Just lookit the pictures, y'all. I took YONKS to upload all these pictures, so appreciate them.
No, on second thoughts, just appreciate my effort. and my amazing photography skills. :D *shameless plugging*

Ide and Sato walking into the pits.
Personally, I'm developing quite a liking for Ide. The boy has talent.
I really reckon he could be big.
But nobody, nobody quite does it like Kimi.

The parade has started, the opening ceremony.

What are all the Renault boys looking at? The pit girls, that's what.
After the driver's parade, where they start setting up the positions.

Here is my boy starting from 4th.
(Note: 4 is also the $$$ symbol. fyi. I try to plug whatever I can. :P)

Some random shot of Montoya.
Just smiling before the race. He won't be smiling anymore later. * :)

My boy Kimi getting into his car. There are busloads of people all around him and I HATE the grilles. Yes, I realise I have a fantastic shot of the grilles and a crap shot of Kimi. Life is NOT fair.

I do not understand where all these people keep coming from.

Scram, fuckers. Thanks. Now its just my boy. And the grilles.

Starting.. Ready Get Set GO!
And they're off.

Here's my one good picture of Kimi passing through. I could not get any other shots because I am a shite camera-woman. :( Believe me, I tried REALLY HARD for this one shot.

I sneakily managed to get a good shot by using the electronic display board. It even has the words 'Raikkonen' in the lower left hand corner. :D And this is what happened when I tried to recreate that.

Some asswipe's bum big enough to fill China blocking my beloved boy's head + helmet.

This was a good shot. OF MONTOYA driving.

This was also a good shot.
OF MONTOYA out. :)
Schumi Driving.

Schumi Out.
And a few billion missed shots in between, here they come.

In First place, Al-bloody-steal-my-boy's-glory-fonso. Or 'Fernie'. Actually, Fernie sounds bloody gay. Haha!


In Second place, MY BOY KIMI.

Ahh.. I'm so proud of him. I was happy with a podium finish. Damn unreliable, those McLarens.

And in Third position, Ralfie! And so we have our winners. They look like dominoes, all lined up like this.

Who are these random people all looking at?

.

.

.

My Boy, that's who! Yayy! *Spanish Wave* *happy dancing* Lalala! And we break open the champagne.

(Quick note: I SAW Kimi bloody drop the damn heavy bottle of champagne down 2 storeys into the crowd below. And it was bloody dangerous too. Mentull.)

And a quick peek into Kimi's garage just after the race. I'm sorry it's lopsided. And I'm too damned lazy to fix it, + I took so bloody long to put these pictures up, I am not screwing it up when it's almost perfect.

In the end...
All in all, I reckon it was a great trip. The shopping was SO GOOD (I wrecked my bank account), the race was awesome, because we had such amazing seats,where everyone possible crashed right in FRONT of us.

(by the way, if you watched the race, you might be wondering where's the button crash, and the reason why I don't have a bad picture of it is because there was too much smoke by the time I stupidly realised that he crashed. If you were watching, you may realise that his engine caught on fire, hence the smoke. But that's why I didn't get a picture of Button's smash up. You can try Linda's and Chris's blogs tho. I think they have pictures. :D)

Anyways, I loved the whole trip, especially catching up with my old mates - missed y'all!
so we are making plans for 2008's sepang - I am so going to try to get pit passes - Laydeez: Save up your money, we are so making the 08 KL GP.

We are happy campers.
Melbourne F1, 30/03/06 to 02/04/06.
Christabelle, me and Linda.

11 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger candy say What?

omgggg..... so freaking cool! u were actually there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i can so feel ur excitement now! =) miss u!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger pj say What?

candy: hahahah! yes! it was so exciting! but dun worry, i am sure ur wedding got more exciting..

btw, is gary coming? ;)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger ferrarista say What?

Good one Pam!!! Although, for some reason I couldn't see the pics towards the end of your blog...damn pissed off!! Probably my damn computer playing up again!! Anyhoos, was gr8 catching up with you in Melb. and if all goes well, see you at Sepang 08!!

Arrivederci!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger pj say What?

chris: ahh in any case, its pictures that u guys hv already seen, so no biggie there. anyways, kindly remember: YOU WERE THERE.

like, do u really need pictures?

hahahahhahha! SEPANG! SEPANG! SEPANG!

linda: ok we are ON for SEPANG 08!

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God say What?

I'd love to go and see a moto gp bike rice for much the same reasons.

F1 cars are soooo loud!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger pj say What?

ultra: oooh yes a moto gp bike race! the only other race that i've really seen was DTM, and that was nowhere near that loud!

but really. it was such an awesome experience! gogogo!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger TYSEN say What?

Sweet pictures! I enjoyed them!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger TYSEN say What?

also, do you have a flickr account? That last photo you posted seems to be from flickr and I wondering if you had other cool photo uploaded there. Mine are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotcactuspepper/

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє say What?

woots!! f1!!!!

so it feels shiok to be there live hor? :)

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger pj say What?

tysen: yeah i have a flickr account! have a looksee around, but i've already used up my month's quota! ;P
maybe in may. :)

spinnee: my god. the feeling is INDESCRIBABLE. it's damn fiaking good to be there, if ya know wht i mean. :D Seriously. you have to do this someday.

08 Sepang, here I come!

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous say What?

Your penis sizegenetics is made up chambers, ligaments, muscles, and blood flow. All these things must be naturally increased to help you get effective male enhancement. Please read what I just said carefully: ALL THESE THINGS must be naturally increased! Not only a thing. And this instantly rules out using sizegenetics, sizegenetics tools, and going looking for surgery! Which is certainly because those methods are unnatural, ineffective, and in the majority of cases, extremely dangerous.Your penis responds the same way your sizegenetics responds the moment you hope to get bigger muscles: Through consistent, natural, and effective exercise routines, you gain bigger and stronger muscles, and the same goes for getting a bigger penis... plus gaining other benefits!
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home