Saturday, March 11, 2006

People on the telly.

:: Disclaimer: Don't agree with what I say? Leave a shout out. ;)
And yes, I know I'm mean. It's ok to bitch, it's my blog. :P ::

Ok, so just a random rant.

Whenever I switch on the telly, I personally feel that it is SO inconsiderate to have to look at ugly people.

I mean, if its a reality show, or like, the news, I could forgive them.

Because well, their target audience prolly won't care so much and they're not on for long anyways. Blink and you'll miss the ugly people on the news.

But if you're hosting a TV show or at least know that you're going to appear on TV, where people will have to look at you for at least 2 minutes....

PLEASE. DO NOT BE AS UGLY AS FUCK.

Honestly speaking, good looking people are a dime a dozen. It's not difficult to look good.

At least, nowadays, we have plastic surgery and make up, even the most hideous person on earth can look ok. Especially where the surgery is concerned.

And if we're going to look at the person on TV, I personally consider a basic duty of TV personalities to look halfway passable and not make you wanna puke your guts out every time you look at them.

It's not right to have to look at ugly shitfaces on telly when there are busloads of better looking people out there. They could at least try to get some surgery done..

The only exception I make is for the plastic surgery shows.. like
Extreme Makeover or something like that. Because you need the ugly people to provide comparison to how good they look afterwards. But usually they're fugly before AND after.

Which brings me to my next point. TV personalities should NOT have to be even compared to the word 'fugly'. Yet that is what comes to mind.

Please view Exhibit A: Joey Fatone of Nsync.

OK this is what I mean by fugly shitass TV personalities. And innocent 13 year olds have to hang posters up of this guy and ruin their lives staring at this fat ass.

Not being mean, or whatever, but I've always read his name as 'FAT ONE', instead of like, fuh-tone-ney. Baloney, that's what he eats. He needs lipo. And I dunno, a damn LOT of surgery in order to fix his face.

And you know, I might even be prepared to forgive his face if he had an ounce of talent, but let's face it, fat one has no talent. He can't sing, and he defo can't dance.

I have no idea what he's doing in Nsync. Filler, perhaps. But even then, if you were going to find some filler, you would at least find some better looking ones right?

Or you might argue that maybe he's a nice guy. But hey. There are literally millions of nice guys ( wouldn't know, I've never met one. ;) ) out there, who are a lot better looking than him.

And this is what really gets me. Why would anyone choose him as filler?

*sigh* I don't understand this world sometimes.

There's surgery, people. And if you're poor or morally aginst it, there is ALWAYS make up.

Honestly, even legally speaking, the law states in duty of care, that TV personalities have a duty of care not to make their audiences's eyes bleed nor invoke the urge to hurl when they appear on TV.

Sheesh. And just to justify my rants, I have to say that I do know how to look at people who have tried to look good. And I have to say, Fat one can't pass. Maybe some people like fat guys, but Joey fat one would really look better with muscles (instead of lipids), and a nose job. Maybe a chin job as well. And defo some carriage (how to dress) lessons. See? I know how to look.

Ok, rant over.

Just to make myself happy and for the people who agree with me, or disagree, whatever.

Here's Miyavi. HOT GUY and there's a hot chick as well, in Miyavi's PV 'Freedom Fighter'.

My brother agrees that she's a babe. And MYV is defo not demonic, ok?

Miyavi-sama.. watashiwa suki des ne!

i *heart* Miyavi.

Exhibit B: Hot guy..
MYV. Enjoy!

Just for interest's sake.. how many people out there think she's hot?

16 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger candy say What?

absolutely love ur post!!!! *sigh* i can soo imagine US bitching abt tv personalities if u were in perth... studying... with me... wif the tv on... with books in our hands... but talking aimlessly and limitlessly.... (even if we have an exam the next day) ohhh i so misss those daysssssss. im like dying here in postgrad. all old Old OLd OLD pple! married, with kids, or their age is like... 25-26, working, sigh..... (random: i love ur tagboard coz i can write so damn bloody much crap). love u!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger candy say What?

things i cant do without u:
- criticize ah wah while laughing at his work. (yes, i noe im mean)
- fall into a huge dilemma if we shld skip lecture for the 20th time.
- always, and ALWAYS wearing similar winter jackets. (the brown one.. and i think there's another one also)
- going to erica hostel and scream at bloody asshole TOM
- u bring muffins/cookies, i bring packets and packets of chocolates... and we have a picnic in class. hehehehe...
- hating KLOMPS with me and irritating Baskof with our drawings on the paper. i swear, i think our whole class totally hated us. we were so damnn noisy! den wif feilou, as u noe, when he laughs.... even the next class can hear.
- having 3-way convos wif feilou without having a moment of silence on the fone. u talk, i talk, feilou talks... we all talk at the same time but still manage to somehow understand and answer each other.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger pj say What?

candy: ahahahha! i miss u too! I know we wld be 'studying' = eating and watching telly and bitching.
*sigh* I super miss those days too. best times of my life!
and I miss feilou.. I know!!! it's always amazed me how we can each talk non stop about completely different topics yet STILL manage to understand each other.. our 3-ways!!! whahahhahah!

what i miss:-
-bitching about other ppl in class with u. (i.e.: unforgettable HUUUGE and 3rd black nipple!!)
-ah wah. (me too! whahahhaha! do you still see him, by any chance? 'big enough for a man's hands' damn. ah wah is classic ley.)
-our picnics in class. + our insistence to ALWAYS buy bfast. whahhahaha!!
-chatting (us 3.. u, me, gary)on msn/phone. man.. our msn chats were classic man! whahahha! + our phone chats of 3 ppl talking non stop OVER each other. ;P
-'Basco' or ur 'Tobasco' and gary's 'batkos' whahahhahha!
-skip lectures and go drinking with gary in the tavern. and then we will usually end up laughing our guts out... making pretty much the most noise in the tav.
-TOM is still ard.. did u know tt? I tried to complain abt him.. to no avail. :(
-going on ur random errands
-last but not least.. listening to u talk abt the funny things tt u do. (another unforgettable..'sexy prawns'!!!) :)

miss u babe! *sigh* i miss US !

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger pj say What?

eh we gave angazi a damn lot of business ley. i just realised.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger pj say What?

wonder how gary is. *hmm* i was thinking about visiting KL soon.

might give gary a call. ;)

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous say What?

I don't think he's hot leh, and the chick looks tacky!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger pj say What?

old man morri: i have put up the link to morrism and/or morris-ism.

kiddly fiddler 'touche'. ;)

jac: oh my i think he's so hot it hurts. and yeah i don't really care about the chick.. but miyavi.. is so sexy. *drool*

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God say What?

ha ha ha haa ha! ahem..

"I have no idea what he's doing in Nsync. Filler, perhaps. But even then, if you were going to find some filler, you would at least find some better looking ones right?"

Wrong.

Nsync are so flimsy they need all the filler they can get their hands on! The bigger the better. Bring on the fat one!

Look at him dance about like a big chubby bear! Look how much more attractive he makes Timberlake look!

This is why we tolerate the ugly: To make us feel more beautiful.

Yeah. You heard me. I'm completely superficial.

Great post.

Heh heh heh. ahh..

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger reverendtimothy say What?

John Safran conducted an experiment with a life-sized cardboard cut-out of Nsync, with Joey Fatone's face removed. He then invited random people to put their face in the hole* and thus proved ANYONE is better looking than Joey Fatone, and more deserving to be in Nsync.

* This sounded grubbier than intended.

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger pj say What?

ultra: oh my! "This is why we tolerate the ugly: To make us feel more beautiful.:

WHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

That's classic! But... Joey Fat-One is like.. so ugly.. and if he's there to make US feel better about ourselves, I really think it makes me feel worse.. knowing tt people out there have to look up to this guy. teen idol and all, y'know? *EWWWWWWW*

reverend timothy:
are you a real reverend? ;)
But yes. Anybody would be better than Fat One. Seriously. he looks like a distressingly ugly harley biker on long-term crack. he could get surgery, y'know? :P

John Safran had the right idea.
oh yeah.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger pj say What?

old man morri:
ooh.. a competition.
go on, enlighten me. and/or highlights of the competition.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє say What?

*can't stop laughing*

Way to go PJ :)

*shake pompom to support PJ's writing* Anyway it's your blog, so say whatever u want :)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God say What?

Another thing,

His Pope T-Shirt is well out of date.

He needs to get one with the evil Sith Lord Darth Benedict on it.

Former Nazi Youth member becomes the head of the Catholic faith?

Who would have thuoght it...

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger pj say What?

ultra: ooh yes. his pope t-shirt. why else did i choose that pic of him? ;)

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger candy say What?

jiang, needa ask u. are u confirm coming for my 2nd dec wed? coz i needa noe the numbers asap. coz talking to the restarurant and i needa give them an estimate. and i needa plan loads od other shit too. so are u confirmeD? if u cant, ITS OK. i'll definitely drag u in for the sg one in 2008

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger pj say What?

NO I'M COMING!! whahahaha! how could i possibly miss your wedding!! of course i am coming! quickly send me the pink bomb! i'm so happy for you!! :D *happy dance*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home