Monday, March 06, 2006

MIYAVI!!! teh hotness.

::Disclaimer: Am about to sound like a groupie. I have momentarily been transported to my young days where I was 13 and still teenybopping. :P::

I was bored, and then I discovered him.

!!!!

I'm in love.

Exhibit 1: Please see how damn hot he is.


And not only is he hot as hell, he has bags of personality too. ;)

And so y'all don't think I'm taking him on face value, check out his mad skillz.

Exhibit 2: Mad Skillz.



In case you're not convinced.

Exhibit 3: His cover on Nirvana 'Blew'.


And.. just to convince y'all he's a jrock SUPERSTAR.. my fave song of his.

Exhibit 4: 'Senor Senora Senorita' By Miyavi.


1,2 Step. Step By Step... arrrghhh he is so damn HOT.

watashiwa-love-miyavi-neh?



(09-03-06) Further comment:

I should explain further on what I commented to Candy as '整体美'. For my non chinese speaking crowd, this basically translates as 'whole body beauty', meaning beauty as an OVERALL PACKAGE.

Beauty as an overall package is what I view miyavi as. He possesses '整体美'.
He has his own particular version of beauty which I can see.

SO I will highlight what beauty I see.

Beauty is not as simple as visual appearances, though as a basic element of beauty, he does have incredible bone structure.
And in terms of facial beauty, he has an androgynous look about him, which I consider to be the ultimate of facial beauty. It is not easy to carry off beauty in both female and male ways.

That aside, upkeep, or grooming.

Firstly, to me it is OK, in fact, more than OK for guys to pluck eyebrows, put on make up, dye hair, whatever. Presentation is ultimate, and it is an indicator of how much pride you put in your appearance. If you respect yourself, you will always try to be as presentable as you can. For males who discover the wonderful effects of make up and hairdye, well, so much the better. What are those tools for, if not for use?

Obviously, some of y'all may say that its sorta weird for males to be so vain, or whatever. But, for Japanese, it is perfectly ok for males to be 'vain' or more accurately, be presentable. And I agree wholeheartedly with that philosophy.

And in keeping with this philosophy, I should stress that Miyavi is quite eccentric and also is a rockstar. J-Rock is a lifestyle. And he embodies it quite well, I think. Also, the tattoos wouldn't work so well with his clothing and hairstyles if he hadn't such great skin.

To understand better, just imagine this:-

You start off with a blank palette. That's miyavi without the tatts, whatever. Just plain ol' simple. Sure. You can leave it as it is. There's beauty in simplicity after all, but you have to understand him. He's not a simple guy. He's not plain. His music has passion, it has colour. It's rowdy. It's not a 2 bar tune.

So you have to add a little colour, a little design, a bit of style to the plain palette. Harmonize it with a splash of attitude.

And you will get the complete package of miyavi.

Now you understand how to get his look, you need to know how to see him.

You need to view him as a complete being, along with his music to fully appreciate the '整体美'. So take in the hair, the clothing, the tattoos and piercings, and add it together with his music and his eccentic personality and what you will get is this overall intangible feeling of beauty.

Accept his look for what it is, add in all the other elements + his personality. And you will understand his beauty.

It is beauty in its own right and genre.

And I totally appreciate that beauty. '整体美'.

I should also stress that I am totally biased. ;)

8 Comments:

At 3:58 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God say What?

Never heard of him!

I will check him out.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger pj say What?

oh yes. he's fantastic! ;) let me know what you think.

all my colleagues thought he was female. geez. :/

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger candy say What?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wat got into u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ekkkss!!!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger pj say What?

eh! why? he's totally hot!!! ok I know he looks very punkish.. but.. that's the whole appeal! his exellent cheekbone structure.. his style.. it's called '整体美'.

It's about the package. And a very impressive package it is. ;)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger pj say What?

ok wait. i shld explain further on the '整体美'.

I blog this. chotomate.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger candy say What?

HONESTLY.... honestly..... honestly, in my POV, he's not at all punkish... i think he looks DEMONIC!!! like evil, weird, drink blood, worship bugs kinda demonic weirdass person! hahaha... it gives me the creeps

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger pj say What?

demonic?
.
.
.
.
.
.
cowz.

after all my explaination. :/

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Nine3 Nine3 say What?

You no in love with me mei?..lol


PJ, Reta of Cyber Red wrote the Lin Dynasty Chapter 18

Lnk:-
http://www.cyber-red.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home