Wednesday, August 24, 2005

bugger.

I'm getting bored with my blog.

See, I haven't had much to post about recently, purely because I've been taking a bit of a break from everything. I think that being in
perth for so long has seriously dulled my sense quite a fair bit 'cause I'm seriously out of it. Like, ALL the bloody time.

I think everyone must think I'm stoned 'cause my reaction speed could equal a slug.
::why not a snail? because slugs are faster than snails> no
heavy baggage: and I don't think I've really lost all my marbles yet.::
"Wha'??" and "Ehh?" is pretty much my basic vocabulary. Yeah. I'm exaggerrating, I do say "huh?" from time to time too.
So, I've decided to take a break, and relax a bit, and gradually ease into my new life. See how I fit in. And so far, it hasn't happened. But not to worry, it probably will. I mean, I have to get used to it - it's not a friggin' choice to make. So if anybody could throw a few pointers in about getting used to a faster paced life after a couple of years in a much slower-paced country, do let me know. I could really use some advice now that my quality of life has gone down.

I took up a new hobby> i.e.:
flower arrangement because my mom has gone off on this "flower arranging is cool" tangent.
Actually, it's pretty damn cool 'cause the whole house is filled with flower arrangements and she's not bad at it. I feel like I'm living in a hotel.

So, spurred on by her creative efforts one day, I decided to give it a go. I mean, why not. Even if it sucks, I'll just hide it in a corner of my room and no one will ever know that I've made such a pathetic attempt.
But I was really surprised. It didn't turn out too badly, in fact, it was pretty damned good, if i may say so myself. (I should've taken a picture of it then, but I didn't expect to be blogging about it, so I'll keep it in mind for my next arrangement.)
Even though my chief goal was to make an artsy, aesthetically pleasing arrangement, and the bloody thing died within like 3 days, I'm still fairly proud of it's short-lived glory.

Bring on flower arrangement numero duo.
This time, instead of a flat style pot, I got this really nice crystal vase, and shaped my sponge and everything. This time, my chief goal was to make the damned thing last longer than just 3-4 days. Unfortunately, it looks awful. Just looking at it makes me cringe in shame. So even though I said I would take a picture of the next arrangement, i.e.: this fugly piece of shite, I'm too embarrassed to. If i do a really great piece though, I'll enlarge it for the masses. Show I'm really an artistic genius.

But what I'd really like to do is learn how to play "
Claudine" (Maksim style) (on my dinky little piano that my mom wants to throw away) 'cause it's such a beautiful piece. And I usually quite dislike classical music 'cause classical music is for snobs or boring people, but this is different. I dunno, it somehow relaxes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home